To post messages to these Forums, you must register as a member. This registration
is free of charge. By registering, you agree to abide by the following Terms of
1) When you register, you must choose a unique user name and you must provide a
valid e-mail address. Duplicate user names are not allowed, so if the user name
you enter is already in use, you will be prompted to choose another one.
With recent changes to the ACDS Web Forums users must provide the following mandatory
information; Note: Only your Name and Location (if supplied) are displayed, all
other information is used to confirm your identity.
- Your real name
- Your ACDS membership number, if you are a member.
Your membership type.
- The club you are a member of, if you are a member.
The state your membership is registered in, if you are a member.
- The postcode
of your membership, if you are a member.
If you are not a member of the ACDS or do not wish to supply this information, other
than your real name which is mandatory, please enter 'Private' and select membership
type as 'Social'. Users who do this will be able to only post to the Buy, Sell &
Swap forum. You will be able to contact other users via our private message system.
To contact a user you can select the "Private Message" link at the bottom of their
2) To prevent any member from using another user's account, each members account
is password protected with e-mail verification. When you register, an email is sent
to your nominated e-mail address and your account will not be activated until the
e-mail verification is completed. You may change the e-mail address in your profile.
HOWEVER, if you do, an email is sent to your nominated e-mail address and your account
will be deactivated until the e-mail verification is completed again. Entering an
invalid e-mail address will cause your user name to become unusable by anyone, INCLUDING
YOURSELF, until the information in your account is manually corrected by a moderator.
3) Any message posted on our forums expresses only the views of the author of the
message and does not necessarily reflect the views of these forums or any person
or entity associated with them. These Forums use moderators to monitor the content
and appearance of messages posted in our forums. However, considering the real-time
nature of this forum, it is impossible for us to monitor or review every message.
Therefore, you agree that neither these forums, nor any person or entity associated
with them, will be held responsible for the contents, accuracy, completeness or
validity of any information posted in them.
4) You agree that you will not use our forums to post any material, or links to
any material, which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar,
hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of
a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
5) You agree that you will not post any copyrighted material without the express
permission of the copyright holder, unless such copyright is owned by you. Advertisements,
chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate on these
Forums. You will also agree not to post any material on the forums that can be construed
as advertising a business, product or service for profit or commercial purposes.
6) We have the ability to edit and/or remove objectionable messages. Any user who
believes that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately
by e-mail. Upon receipt of such notification, we will make every effort to take
such action as we deem necessary within a reasonable period of time. Since this
is a manual process, you are advised that we may not be able to remove or edit particular
7) These Forums reserve the right to edit or delete any message for any reason whatsoever,
at our sole discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content
of your messages, and that you will indemnify and hold harmless these Forums.
8) Please do not swear. This includes your user name and all posts. Although we
do have a profanity filter in place, there are certain words that it may not detect.
If you see any words that have not been filtered, please contact the immediately.
9) Any posts containing pornographic content will be immediately deleted and the
member will be banned.
10) Actions considered as Flaming (the act of being offensive towards others) will
not be tolerated, we try to allow people to voice their opinions, and allow for
debate, however we do not want to see posts that offend other forum members.
11) Any racist, sexist and other remarks towards a minority or specific group of
people will be deleted and the member shall be warned or banned. Utilising the Private
messaging system for abuse or threats is also frowned upon and action will be taken
if the system is abused.
12) Moderators and administrators reserve the right to edit or delete any message
that does not adhere to or comply with these guidelines. We also reserve the right
to ban individuals who repeatedly violate them.
13) In the event of any complaint or legal action arising from any message posted
by you, these Forums reserves the right to reveal your identity and any other information
we may know about you.
Thank you for joining the ACDS Forums.
-- Modified at 15:23 Wednesday 25 July, 2007
-- Modified at 19:57 Sunday 27 March, 2011
-- Modified at 11:17 Monday 28 March, 2011